Information We Collect
2. We may collection Information through various forms and in various places within our Service. The type of Information we may collect about you includes but is not limited to:
a. profile information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, email addresses, website information, telephone number, postal address, and profile photographs;
b. educational and employment background;
c. usernames and passwords;
d. contacts and connections;
e. social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public;
f. IP address when you access or use our Service;
g. digital wallet information, and financial information such as credit card, bank account or other payment details;
h. details of any Service that we provide to you;
i. communication preferences and records of any communications.
3. We may also match or combine the Information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources (including other websites or applications with which you may have an account and have provided us access to) or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline, for the purposes described herein.
4. We use various technologies to collect Information, including cookies. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from using some features or functionality of our Service.
Use of Information
5. We may use the Information we collect about you for any or all of the following purposes:
a. to verify your identity when you are dealing with us, and/or to determine your eligibility for any of our Service;
b. to respond to your communications to us;
d. to enable us to provide our Service and personalize your experience;
e. to detect, diagnose, and fix problems affecting our Service and to improve our Service;
f. to process transactions;
g. to comply with applicable legal obligations and other rules, regulations, codes of practice, and orders and directions of competent governmental authorities that we are obligated to follow, and to manage related risks;
h. to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes, including research, analysis, testing, auditing, etc.;
i. to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Service;
j. to enforce our agreements and resolve disputes; and
k. to send informational and marketing communications to you, including but not limited to invitations to participate in surveys and promotions.
6. You may opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. If you opt out, we may still send you some communications, such as technical notices, support or administrative notifications except where we are restricted by applicable law.
7. We may share Information about you in the following ways:
a. with your consent and/or at your instruction;
b. with your representatives, advisers and others you have authorized to interact with us on your behalf;
c. with our staff members who need the information to discharge their duties;
d. with our current or future parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and with other companies under common control or ownership with us or our offices internationally;
e. with our business partners, service providers, professional advisers, vendors, and agents;
f. with our potential investors, purchasers, and commercial counterparties (for instance, if we do a financing or any other situation where information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets);
g. with authorities in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
h. with third parties where aggregate information is disclosed which cannot be reasonably be used to identify you; and
i. certain information you may choose to share may be displayed publicly, such as your username and any content you post when you use interactive areas of our Website like our online forums (if any);
8. Your Information may be transferred to other countries or districts for processing, and by using the Service you consent to the transfer, use, and processing of your Information to countries or districts outside of Singapore, which may have different personal data protection rules than Singapore.
Storage of Information
9. All Information collected in connection with the use of the Service will be stored electronically with appropriate safeguards and security measures. However, no computer security system is entirely foolproof and as a result there is no guarantee that information that we store may not be accessed, collected, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or deleted by breach of any technical or operational safeguards that we have in place. We generally store the Information that we collect in electronic databases.
10. You are at all times responsible for your own privacy settings. We are not responsible, and accept no liability, for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization or third party websites, applications, or services.
11. Your Information will not be kept longer than required. We may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain your account information or any other information associated with it and not to delete it (or to keep this information for a certain period of time, in which case we are only able to comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Protection of the Information
12. We will provide a standard of protection for the Information collected and stored by us that is at least comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (“PDPA”). However, no computer security system is entirely foolproof and the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. As a result, we do not assume any responsibility for the data you submit to or receive from us through the Internet or for any unauthorized access or use of that information and we cannot and do not guarantee that information communicated by you to us or sent to you by us will be received or that it will not be altered before or after its transmission to us.
13. You agree to not hold us and our respective past, present and future members, employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any misappropriation, interception, modification, deletion, destruction or use of information provided through our Service.
14. The following acts of collection, use and disclosure of the Information are specifically exempted from the requirements of the PDPA:
a. that are clearly in the interest of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
b. in response to an emergency, or necessary for the national interest;
c. for an investigation or legal proceedings; and
d. for the provision of legal services.